Do You Need Traffic to Your Website?
Everyone knows you need visitors to your website but all website traffic is not the same. You don’t need Web Traffic you need “Targeted” Website Traffic. The kind of traffic that converts into people taking advantage of your offer. But don’t go out and recruit traffic to your site until you have everything in place to convert your traffic into customers.
New Online Marketers make a very simple and costly mistake… they go after Web Traffic before they are ready to do something with it. They build a site quickly then rush to get traffic before they have their conversion process in place and tested. Your offer must be ready for prime time or all the Web Traffic in the world won’t make you any money. And you want to make money right?
This article is NOT a step-by-step guide, it’s an idea list to help you open your mind to ways to generate more traffic to your sites. I am not going to tell you everything I do to get people to my sites. It doesn’t matter what I do, it matters what you do, because I don’t pay your bills!
- Article Marketing – Write and distribute your own articles via Article Submission sites
- Social Bookmarking – Digg, Furl, Stumbleupon, etc. Do it!
- Social Networks – Myspace, Facebook, etc. Do it and be professional; not a stupid spammer
- Directory Listings – Yes it’s beaten to Death, but it works. Submit to the most relevant Directories.
- Link Building via Exchanges/Trades – Use a Software Tool to Manage your Campaign or you’re wasting time
- Read the 77 Ways to Get FREE Traffic Report at AssociatePrograms.com
- Piggy Back Baby – Ride the traffic of other sites. Make deals to get your site listed on High Ranking Sites.
- Professional Blogging – Comment Blogs with intelligent value adding insight
- Forums – Same as Blogging; if you can add value make sure to post comments
- Offsite – Have Business Card Printed with your information and distribute
- Offsite – Take Advantage of Local Media if your Product or Service Warrants it
- SEO – Don’t overlook the value of proper Meta Tags, Image Tags, and Headlines
- KILLER DESIGN – Make your Site so Good Looking People WANT to Link to IT
- Link Bait – Controversial, but it works – too detailed a topic to explain in this list
- Video – There are a dozen or more popular places you can upload your videos
- Picture Sites – Same as Video – put your URL on the photos
- Review Sites – Be careful, but you can make this work for you
- Pony up and Buy a “Type In” domain
- Interlink your Own Sites but don’t over do it… it needs to make sense
This list should get you going in the right direction, but it’s useless until you take action and make it work for you. Keep in mind there are no “Secrets” that are going to be revealed to the public at large that are worth anything. Why? Because as soon as a “Secret” becomes public it’s no longer a secret and it no longer works. So don’t be the Noob spending 5 hours a day in the Forums looking for that one killer secret. Roll up your sleeves and get to work!
And of course you can Buy Traffic – you can make a lot of money Buying Traffic. If you choose to buy traffic don’t overlook the value of PPC companies outside of Google. Many so called “Super Affiliates” buy all their traffic. If you are going to buy your traffic I recommend you invest in a PPC Managment Tool. Be sure you know what you are doing BEFORE spending your money. You must have all your ducks in a row; or you are going to lose big time with PPC. If you don’t like math then PPC (Pay Per Click) is not for you.